03 May 2011

Everything happens for a reason

OK I don't really have anything interesting to post about today.  It was the first day back at work/school, the holidays were just one day too long me thinks.  The kids were very excited to get back to school!  And I was very excited to get back to work!!

I feel bored tonight so I won't blame you if you are bored with my boring blog post.  I have no more Vampire Diaries to watch so I've been chatting to my Tash on bbm and my very diligent friend Mrs Rautenbach is slaving away so no chitty chatty.  I have organised myself a playdate for Saturday though *exciting* with my friend Clezzie who I haven't seen in AGES!!  It's all very exciting.

I am actually feeling quite chipper today.  Yay me.  It's so liberating to just live my life the way I want.  I never knew I wasn't doing that until well I started doing it (if that makes any sense).  The way I do things work.  And it's awesome.  I read Raising Men quite a bit and she posted this quote today:



"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." 


It just rang so true for me today.  Better things are indeed falling together.  When we are in the midst of things, whatever they are, we sometimes struggle to just keep our heads above water, but if there is one thing that you can hold on to and put your faith into 100% it's that - things WILL get better.  Believe it, coz it's true!  

I always used to say "I birthed 2 kids with no drugs, there is nothing I can't handle" and with my recent issues, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is indeed nothing I can't handle.  Some days are darker than others, but there is nothing so bad that you can't handle it.   Even if the voices in your head (or someone else's head) tells you so.  Promise xx


I have learned to just be present in the now and not to look back, when you are looking back you can't see where you are going.  Just keep moving forward, sometimes one moment at a time, but do it.  No looking back. 

1 comment:

  1. ... and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

    I believe this for you Nicci.

    ReplyDelete